The new My Swisscom Assistant: premium features for automated self-service beyond classical Internet related topics
Swisscom is launching a new version of the free support program My Swisscom Assistant. Based on “m2suite home”, the My Swisscom Assistant was further developed by mquadr.at and Swisscom as well as extended with several premium functions. Additionally to the usual areas of managing, setting up and repairing their Swisscom Internet access, Swisscom now also supports its customers in areas such as Internet security and special “My Service” content, such as PC maintenance, system diagnostics, and much more.
“My Service” premium features
The most important innovation in the My Swisscom Assistant is the integration of the “My Service” functions. “My Service” is the support subscription by Swisscom for technical issues. In addition to the regular support, the subscription includes phone support by special “My Service” experts. Also, the My Swisscom Assistant now offers “My Service” features that cover other areas than the classical topics related to Internet access. These premium subscription functions enable Internet and PC security checks, PC performance optimization, and the automatic fixing of various problems with the personal computer. The new My Swisscom Assistant communicates autonomously with the internal customer support system of Swisscom. This means that after a customer successfully logs in, the potential subscription status can be determined interactively. If the customer has a “My Service” subscription, all new features regarding Internet security and system maintenance will be unlocked.
The “system diagnosis” is especially useful, as it offers customers compact and clear information about the state of all areas of their PC:
- Diagnosis and output of the current status of the Internet connection and the security of the computer.
- Checking of the saved browser data and information that have accumulated during surfing the Internet. There is
also the option to delete those traces quickly and easily to maintain the security of the customer's PC as well as
protect their privacy.
- Support of special cleaning tools to make the PC of the customer faster and more secure.
- Analysis of autostart programs plus evaluation of the programs that slow down the computer so that a quick boot-up time is guaranteed.
- Checking the health of the installed harddrives as well as RAM and processor workload.
All features that are included in the system diagnosis can also be run as individual functions in the My Swisscom Assistant. In that case, the extended versions of these features offer even more functions and detailed displays. As special comfort, users can activate a reminder function (also individual per feature). As of course the PC is best protected and works as smoothly as possible if these functions are run at regular intervals, these reminders, that can be set at a freely chooseable time per week, will help to keep the PC safe and fast.
Also part of the “My Service” area are the “Windows Quick Links”. They allow users to quickly and easily access shortcuts to helpful Windows functions.
Additional support and remote access for troubleshooting
There is also a solution in case users of the My Swisscom Assistant need support with more individual questions about their PC or WLAN, or if they have problems with their Internet access: the feature “Remote Support” allows users to quickly grant a call center agent access to their PC during a call with the Swisscom hotline.
The call center agent can now directly start actions or analyses on the PC of the customer with the new My Swisscom Assistant. This is an enormous advantage, as it is often difficult for customers to clearly define their problems. The agent also has the option to temporarily unlock premium functions for the customer in case the customer does not have a subscription. All necessary analysis tools can be started through the My Swisscom Assistant. This way, the agent does not have to use any additional software or install it on the customer's PC.
The temporary unlocking of the “My Service“ functions also allows the customer to get to know the advantages and features of the subscription. At the same time, the remote access is a straightforward way for troubleshooting.
Numerous further improvements of the My Swisscom Assistant
In addition to the already mentioned major changes to the My Swisscom Assistant, other new features were integrated. Also, several popular and trusted functions were optimized:
- There were improvements to the features “Connect to WLAN” as well as “Measure WLAN signal strength” to make the tools and the results more user-friendly.
- The new feature “Manage WLAN profiles” helps users to manage the WLAN access profiles that are stored on their
operating system. This way, users can create new profiles for WLANs or delete existing ones.
- The display and listing of the most important system information of the PC has been reworked completely. The
customer can now get a quick overview of the important parts of the system, where available even in real time. The
extended display of the system information can deliver even more detailed information about the individual
components of the PC. Information about the RAM and processor are shown in an easy to grasp way in the new My
Swisscom Assistant. Both the workload of the RAM and processor are displayed to the user in a realtime diagram. In
additon, important detailed information is displayed interactively and in real time. Should problems arise, the
user is informed immediately.
Harddrive information can also be checked quickly and easily. The health of the harddrives is controlled via realtime monitoring, meaning the customer is alerted in case of errors. If needed, detailed information about each recognized harddrive is available as well.
- There is a new tool for monitoring and analyzing all security-related settings on the user's PC. Not only is it constantly checking antivirus, firewall and anti-spyware, but it also monitors app and browser settings, the Windows Security Center and the Windows Update Service. All of this is again shown interactively to the user.
- Another new addition is the integration of “Swisscom Internet Security” by F-Secure for quickly scanning for viruses, malware and spyware. The so-called “F-Secure Online Scanner” finds harmful files and apps and removes them from the computer.
- Also new are the direct links to the Swisscom Academy and the Swisscom safety tips that complement the security package of the My Swisscom Assistant.
- The reworked feature “Network & service status” helps users in case of a service interruption. With this tool, they can find out whether the problem is with the Internet provider or with their home network. Now that the My Swisscom assistant uses a new API, the information can be retrieved even more quickly and precisely. In addition, the user is shown information on the potential duration and the expected end of the interruption.